See link below for Shillington Lower School’s Ofsted page:
School Inspection Report
We were inspected by Ofsted on 17th May 2017and the school was very happy to be recognised so clearly and positively as a ‘good’ school.
Some of the highlights included:
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- Good and improving outcomes for pupils
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and appreciate the supportive relationships they share with adults and each other
- Parents are equally positive about their children being happy and well looked after at school.
- Governors provide a strong strategic direction for the school. They take their roles seriously and are uncompromising in their pursuit of excellence.
- Leaders, including governors, have ensured that all safeguarding arrangements are fit for purpose and records are detailed and of high quality. Regular training means that staff and governors know their responsibilities to ensure pupils’ safety and wellbeing.
- Teachers plan lessons which hold pupils’ interest and capture their imagination.
- From the work in exercise books and from speaking with pupils, the evidence shows that they continue to make strong progress in reading, writing and mathematics. As a result, pupils are being equipped with the academic skills to be fully ready for the next stages of their education.
Download our Ofsted Report
Shillington Lower School – Ofsted Inspection Report June 2017